Freitag, 25. November 2022

Bill and Ted in Tunisian crochet

 

Early this year, there were three things that I wanted to explore in Tunisian short rows: Spirals in all shapes, actual, non-abstract pictures (more or less) and swinging a complete text or sentence.

I guess the last part needs some explanations: When starting with swing knitting, I did some of the Swing Knitting Workshops from Heidrun Liegmann.

In part 4, she explains several ways on how to compose your own knitting melody. One way is the phone-method: You chose a word or a name and type the letters in your phone, for example LOVE = 5683. Then, you are supposed to use that throughout the whole project, otherwise it might get too chaotic.

But I wanted to know, is that really the case and would it be possible to swing a whole text or a sentence? And, as you can't read it from the stanzas on the finished project, the picture that they form should somehow correspond with the text so that people can at least guess what I'm writing?

Then, on the Bill and Ted group on Facebook, a most excellent dude posted a picture of his new car sticker: The silhouettes of Bill and Ted with the famous "Be excellent to each other". 

I knew immidiately, that was the perfect project to try all three things mentioned above:

The silhouette seemed to be an easy first picture, when you see Bill and Ted the first sentence that comes to mind is "Be excellent to each other and party ond dudes" , the timetravel fits perfect with a spiral and swing is music.

It took me several attempts and some frogging, but finally, I managed to do my very own Bill and Ted spiral in Tunisian crochet.
When posting photos of the finished piece to the Bill & Ted group on facebook, I was just hoping for some likes and nice comments, and then i got totally overwhelmed: Not only that I got a like from the official "Bill & Ted 3" - account, they even shared my post on their own official account. I'm still over the moon !!!!

Unfortunaley, I didn't take any notes, so, there is no way that I can write a pattern of this.
But fortunately, I came across Printler, where you can now purchase art prints of  Bill and  Ted and all my other crocheted "paintings".
Currently, there is a Black Friday discount of up to 40 %. 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Bill and Ted in Tunisian crochet

  Early this year, there were three things that I wanted to explore in Tunisian short rows: Spirals in all shapes, actual, non-abstract pict...