Sonntag, 20. November 2022

Painting with Tunisian Crochet and how it began.

Exactly three years ago, I was on a beautiful safari through some nationalparks in India. For my travel project, I could not decide between swing knitting and Tunisian crochet, so, I  ended up combining two of my favourite techniques. Once I had found out how to work Tunisian short rows without holes, I became addicted to that "new" technique and crocheted several shawls.
As most crafters, I'm a horder when it comes to yarn, I just can't throw anything away, no matter how small of a leftover it is. In mid -2020 I had the idea to collect all leftovers longer than 10cm/4 inches on one ball and, when it is big enough, turn it into a "painting". (Everything shorter than 10 cm /4" goes into the stuffing of my amigurumis). The first painting was "Dream". Here, I only used knitting yarn.

But for "Avalon", I decided to experiment materialwise: Sewing thread (four strands held together), ribbons and gold cord from those yummy X-mas-chocholates were added to the leftover ball.  

The interesting thing about these paintings is that I never know how they will turn out in the end and when it comes to finding a name,  I simply chose what the finished picture reminds me of. 
Should you have see anything different in my pictures, I'm totally fine with that and it would be really, really great if you would share that with me.   

Should you wish to purchase prints of my crocheted art, please go to my Printler Gallery . Currently there is a discount of up to 40 % . 


















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Bill and Ted in Tunisian crochet

  Early this year, there were three things that I wanted to explore in Tunisian short rows: Spirals in all shapes, actual, non-abstract pict...